Welcome back, dear families!
We hope this message finds you and your family in good health. As per Governor Cuomo’s order to re-open dental practices starting on June 1st, we are looking forward to resuming operation. As we prepare to re-open, our commitment to the safety of patients and staff alike is paramount; all safety protocols and procedures utilized by our office for the near future are based on guidelines presented by the Center for Disease Control and the American Dental Association. Our team is now trained to ensure that everyone is kept safe during this gradual process. Families should expect some changes, as outlined below, regarding scheduling, appointments, and general office interaction. Thank you so much for understanding our mission to provide a safe environment to our patients and families.
Prior to Appointment
1. Patients will receive a call from a team member regarding the appointment. This call will include screening questions for the patient and their family. Screening, as well as temperature checks, will be repeated on the day of the appointment.
2. Patients should brush their teeth, floss, and rinse prior to leaving home the day of the appointment. Usage of office bathrooms by patients and their families will be limited to emergencies only, and brushing is not permitted at all in the bathrooms. If possible, please make sure you child has brushed his/her teeth prior to the appointment.
3. We urge families to be prepared with their own masks, pens, hand sanitizer, IPads or games, and sunglasses. The office has prepared to accommodate patients with these items in a safe manner, but supplies are limited.
Day of Appointment
1. Upon arrival at the office, please call 914-762-4151 before entering the building. A member of our team will review safety protocols and give you instructions regarding entering the practice. We would like to minimize the number of people entering the practice. Thus, it may be the case that parents will have to wait in the car during appointments.
2. A team member will conduct a second screening, with a temperature check, on anyone entering the practice. Any person with a temperature of 100F or higher will not be allowed to enter the practice and will need to reschedule their appointment. This is out of our best interest for the team and other patients.
3. Parents are generally not to accompany patients into the practice above the age of 4. If you would like to discuss this in further detail, please reach out to Dr. Bijoor.
4. All patients entering the office must wear a face mask.
5. Upon completion of procedures and the appointment, the front desk will call the parent with instructions regarding exchange of information, post-appointment instructions, and payment.
Safety Protocols In the Office
1. With the arrival of summer, the practice will be employing the use of air conditioning and mobile air filters to both circulate and clean the air of aerosols
2. Staff will wear additional protective equipment, such as face shields, masks, gloves, gowns, and shoe covers, to protect each patient and themselves. Though this may seem daunting at first, it is out of consideration for the health of all.
3. Appointments will be staggered such that no two families should interact at a given time. We are very fortunate that we have two reception areas so two patients can be separately attended to at one time, if need be. We also have two bathrooms that makes it even more convenient. Operatories will be thoroughly cleaned between appointments. Physical distancing will be enforced in all areas of the office to minimize contact.
We appreciate your cooperation with these guidelines and protocols. We look to maintain a fun and enjoyable environment, while also ensuring the safety and health of all. Please do not hesitate to reach out if you have any questions or concerns regarding these new policies.
Thank you so much for helping us make your visit safe and pleasant!
Dr Bijoor and Team
Briarcliff Pediatric Dentistry